Themes: frustrated spin systems and quantum spin liquids, topological magnetism and skyrmions, ab initio DFT calculations, percolation and chaos theory
Experimental methods: muon spin resonance (μSR), nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), electron spin resonance (ESR), inelastic neutron scattering (INS) and resonant inelastic X-ray scattering (RIXS), torque magnetometry
Theoretical methods: ab initio density functional theory (DFT) calculations of exchange interactions and muon stopping sites, path-integral molecular dynamics (PIMD) calculations of quantum muon motion, Monte Carlo (MC) simulations of percolation and chaotic systems
Born: 3. 11. 1987, Maribor, Slovenia
- 2018: PhD from the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. PhD thesis “Quantum Spin Liquids on Geometrically Frustrated Kagome Lattices“, advisor Prof. Dr. Andrej Zorko.
- 2013: BSc from the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. BSc thesis “Time Irreversible Billiards“, advisor Prof. Dr. Tomaž Prosen.
- 2019–present: Researcher at the Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 2018–2019: Post-Doctoral Research Associate at the Department of Physics, Durham University, United Kingdom.
- 2013–present: Teaching Assistant for Physics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 2013–2018: Young Researcher at the Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 2020: Jožef Stefan Golden Emblem Prize for an outstanding PhD thesis.
- 2014: Best talk award at the ISIS Muon Spectroscopy Training School.
- 2013: Faculty Prešeren Award for an exceptional BSc thesis.
- 2009: 1st place at the Slovenian ACM-ICPC University Programming Marathon.
- 2008: Slovenian national team at the ACM Central European Programming Contest.
- 2008: Dean’s award for outstanding undergraduate academic performance.
- 2006: Bronze Medal at the 18th International Olympiad in Informatics.
- 2006: Honourable mention at the 27th International Physics Olympiad.
- 2005: Honourable mention at the 26th International Physics Olympiad.
- 2005: Competed at the 17th International Olympiad in Informatics.